Re: problem with 0.8.1 - pop3 / mbox ?

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:15:41 Pawel Salek wrote:
> I am not sure if you are into balsa recompilation but would you mind
> trying
>
> ./configure --enable-fcntl -disable-flock
>
> ? I wonder if it would help. It seems that at least some POP problems are
> indirectly related to mailbox locking. I am afraid I cannot help you much
> more in this respect since I am not the POP guy...

nope. didn't help. i did notice that regardless of locks i get some funny
named files (non alphanumeric - trash) with the messages inside them on
the cwd. if i had to bet i'd bet a bad mktemp(3) (or whatever we use) call
and not enough pointer sanity checking. i'll investigate tonight if i get
the chance.

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds