GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

0x8400566 in ?? ()
  (gdb) where
#0  0x8400566 in ?? ()
#1  0x0 in ?? ()
  (gdb) quit

It looked like the stack was being wiped, but I could not figure out why.
First, I re-compiled without optimizations, and then there was no crash. This made my
think that the compiler was buggy, and I got gcc version 2.95.1 (not the
latest, I know), and transferring messages then worked without a crash.

So, I suggest if anybody is using an older version of EGCS, upgrade your
compiler or turn off optimizations.

Sincerely,
Terence Haddock