Re: Problems with Balsa CVS

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Peter Williams wrote:

> Sounds to me like your gettext package is messed up. You might try verifying
> the RPM. It also prolly won't work if it or Gnome is installed in a non-/usr
> prefix.

Gnome-terminal is in /usr/bin... I would imagine that Helix would place
things in the same place as normal GNOME. After all, Miguel et al. wrote a
lot of the GNOME code, and what they didnt write, they oversaw. :)

Removed and reinstalled the RPM for gettext. Still no dice. Perhaps
Mandrake broke the RPM in the beta version...

Oddly enough, I was able to get EveryBuddy working via CVS, though I
believe their "gen" script is much more minimalistic compared to
autogen.sh.

Wierd.

> On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:16:52 Nathan Clemons wrote:
> > First let me state that I don't believe the problem is on Balsa's end. :)
> >
> > I recently upgraded my system from Mandrake 7 to Mandrake hydrogen
> > (7.1b3). Afterwards, I went to grab Balsa from CVS. When I run autogen.sh,
> > I get (here is the script):
> >
> > Script started on Thu Jun  8 18:06:51 2000
> > Setting appropriate .xinitrc file for tornado.windsofstorm.net
> > cp: .xinitrc_tornado.windsofstorm.net: No such file or directory
> > [nathan@tornado balsa]$ ./autogen.sh
> > **Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
> > If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
> > `./autogen.sh' command line.
> >
> > processing .
> > deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
> > Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
> > Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
> > /usr/bin/gettextize: cd: /usr/share/gettext: No such file or directory
> > cp: acconfig.h: No such file or directory
> > cp: acinclude.m4: No such file or directory
> > cp: aclocal.m4: No such file or directory
<snip junk>