Re: Word wrap

On 2000-07-04 11:09 Steve Loft wrote:
> I'm very confused by the way balsa handles word wrapping.  Why are
> the 'wrap body' and 'reflow ...' menu items there?  Why, when I set
> the outgoing wrap to X

This is a quick hack around GtkText unability to do any sensible
wrapping. Concerning the message preview, do you suggest to have
another wrapping length for it?

> chars does the preview panel also wrap to X chars?  Why doesn't the
> editor used for composing a new message simply wrap at Xchars so I
> can see straight away what my message is going to look like?

I don't know unfortunately any better method if one wants to stick to
standard GtkText widget (anybody does?). I wish it had undo feature,
too. BTW, I am curious what is the status of GtkTkText, or similar
widget, I remember people were talking about it some time ago...

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH