Re: spell check with RH7

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:52:04 Jesse T . Beveridge wrote:
> I also seem to have a problem with spell checking, not a seg fault
> though.
> I get an info dialog that says:
> Unable to load the "aspell" module.
>
> Even though my preference is set to ispell and I do have aspell
> installed.
>
> I just built 1.0 on my RH 7.0 box.
>
> -- Jesse
>
> On 2000.12.12 13:20:46 -0700 Marcus Smith wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >   Wondering if anyone else has problems getting
> > balsa-1.0.0 and spell check working on RH7.  After
> > following what worked on RH6.2 and installing
> >
> > aspell-.32.6
> > pspell-ispell-.10.2
> > pspell-.11.2
> >
> > does not work in RH7.  When I click the "Check Spelling"
> > button, I get "Application "balsa" (process 16732) has crashed due to
> > a fatal error (Segmentation fault)".
> >
> > Has anyone tried the spell check feature in Balsa 1.0.0 on RH7?  If so,
> > please inform me of what I'm doing wrong.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcus Smith

What happens if you try to add "/usr/local/lib" to your /etc/ld.so.conf
file and run ldconfig
as root?  I noticed that pspell, ispell and aspell were installing
themselves in /usr/local/lib, unless
you specified --prefix=/usr/lib.  You also have to be sure and follow the
README for pspell
*exactly* like it says, namely install pspell, then install aspell and
ispell, then goto pspell/modules,
type ./add-modules.....

Either modify our ld.so.conf file OR make sure you install all the spell
packages to /usr/lib.

Both these problem caused the "Unable to load "aspell" module" dialog to
occur.

Marcus