Re: Debian package problem ;-7

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 10:52:24AM +0100, M . Matricardi wrote:

> I 've many problem with the dedian package ;-7

In general, if you have problems with the debian package, you should
contact the maintainer directly (me, although you can use
balsa@packages.debian.org if you don't know who the maintainer is), or
file a bug.

Balsa-list should only be used if you think it is an upstream problem.

> The packega doen't run with my woody because require the libgtkhtml5 that I
> can't install because i just update my libc6 with the last version.

Right, sounds like I need to recompile. Woody is a fast moving target
and the libraries sometimes change incompatibly, not much I can do
about that...

You can always compile a package yourself, that will work with your
own libraries.

apt-get source -b balsa

will work if you have the necesary tools installed (and apt set up
with a source URI)

> So is'it possible to get a new debian package tha run without that library
> need only to compile the Evolution source code ?
> Please help me ;-D

What's evolution got to do with this?

Jules