gtk_clist_sort()

IMO, gtk_clist_sort() is responsible for the mysterious crashes on
message deletion. It trashes prev field of the first row_list element.
GtkCList
doesn't always check this field (and then everything works fine) but
when it uses it - balsa crashes. I am now out to investigate in which
version it did happen (because I have impression older libraries didn't
have
this bug). Does somebody know if gtk+ guys are aware of this problem?

You can verify the existence of this issue by  setting a breakpoint on
gtk_clist_sort() in src/balsa-index.c and examine clist->row_list->prev
before (0x0) and after (0xbfffxxx in my case) the call.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202