Re: Coding Style

On Apr 04 2000 17:37 Peter Williams wrote:
> Does anybody else think that the three-space
> tabs used by the original Balsa code suck?
> Should we bother to fix this -- run it all
> through 'indent' or something?

Yess! I have been thinking the exact same thing, especially since the coding
style is not consistant accross files. Being a GNOME project (at least the
official literature seems to say we are), I think we should probably use the
GNOME coding guildelines:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/programming-guidelines/code-style.html

> And, just out of curiosity, am I the only
> person who writes parentheses right next
> to function and identifier names, like
> this:
>
> {
> 	if( func( this, that ) )
> 		other();
> }

I think so. :) I do it with the space (i.e. foo (bar); ) simply because in
Emacs if you hit M-( for balanced parentheses editing it inserts the space by
default.  It looks pretty good so I've just kept doing it.

MBG

--
   Matthew Guenther                        Matter will be damaged in direct
   mguenthe@netcom.ca                      proportion to its value.