Re: Todo list

On 20-Nov-99 Jules Bean wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>> This is the list I've compiled of suggestions; there may be forgotten ones:
>>
>> o  Use GnomeDruid for init code (started on this)
>> o  Remember more settings: column widths, compose / view window sizes
>> o  Fix message status icon in folder view.
>> o  Double-click on opened folder closes it
>
> FWIW, I think this is a really bad idea.  Double-click *never* means
> close.  Not in any UI I've every seen.
>
> Double-click means 'Open, or bring to the front/where I can see it if
> already open'.

Not that I'm condoning this or anything, but double click opens and closes a
branch in a tree-list.  Double clicking on the title bar will shade/unshade a
window (In a lot of window managers), similar to opening and closing.  MacOS,
which has just about the most consistant gui ever, does this.

--
Mark Deneen
deneen@bucknell.edu ICQ: 333068

Happiness is twin floppies.