balsa wont send email :(

Ok I got balsa compiled and running.  Here is my env and what balsa
does/doesn't do.

RedHat 5.2 2.036 kernel
Sendmail (default RH 5.2 install.)  I've configured it with masquerading
as defined in the RH 5.2 manual so my mail gets fowarded to my ISP's
mail server.  This seemed to work since elm sent a message and I can
read it from my windows emailer.
Windowmaker 0.50.2 (latest RPM package?)
Gnome 0.99.3 RPM pakage
Balsa 0.49.2
Fetchpop (RH 5.2 install)

Balsa reads my email just great.  But if I try to send mail it pukes
with a child process error 127.  It does this if I use localhost or my
ISP's SMTP server.  What am I missing here?  I know that the SMTP part
of balsa is not working but if your using localhost does that not call
sendmail directly?

Confused,
Scott

-