INSTALL instructions dont work

For those of us who don't have a week to get balsa and gnome to
compile.

I got most of gnome to compile, but then said screw it and installed
the latest RPMS.

Then I DL'd the balsa sources and read the INSTALL instructions.

Just ./configure
make
make install

There is no configure script in the main directory.  There is a
configure.in.  I thought aclocal might generate the needed files
so I tried running it, but it was missing several macros.

I tried hacking with various aclocal configuration files, but
to no avail.

Does this thing have to be built using a source/compiled version
of GNOME?

I thought it would be easy enough to just install all the gnome
and gnome-devel rpms.

Whats going on here?

Jim Burnes
jim.burnes@ssds.com