Re: How do I configure my 'local mail user agent'?

Yep, you'll have to configure sendmail.  Unfortunately, the subject of
configuring sendmail is beyond the scope of a 500 book library, so your
on your own to figure out how.  :)  Seriously, though, your Linux
distribution should have instructions for doing it, but if it doesn't it
is going to be seriously complex to do.