RE: POP3

i've never gotten balsa to delete mail properly. i'd suggest setting up
fetchmail to check your pop mail. it'll pull it all to /var/spool/mail/user-name
and delete it from the server.

to use fetchmail make a ~/.fetchmailrc file like so:

#~/.fetchmailrc
set daemon 300
#tells it how frequently to run (in seconds).

defaults proto pop3
        nokeep
        user USER_NAME
#settings common to all accounts

poll mail-server.domain.net pass XXXXXXXX
poll mail-server.domain.com pass XXXXXXXX
#one line for each server to poll
##end

chmod 600 .fetchmailrc

then run fetchmail (it's on most recent distributions by default). it'll check
every so often, and if you run fetchmail again it'll check immediately (i run
it in my ~/.bash_profile. the nice part is it was designed for dial-up
connections, and if you run it when there's no connection, it won't generate
errors about not finding the server.

On 16-Apr-99 Digitalis typed: