Re: balsa...

Pwitko71@usm.maine.edu wrote:

> I strongly agree, any volunteers?  I'd really love to contribute, but
> don't have the time or experience to do much leading ....

I *am* a programmer, and have been playing with Balsa for a few weeks. I'm
updating from CVS right now. My areas of interest are realtime 3D graphics
(not very helpful ;) and object oriented design methodology. I'm fluent in C
and C++ (STL, et al), and have written one 5000 line Gtk+ app, so I'm quite
familiar with that. I have not done anything with CORBA or GnomeUI.

I'm mostly interested in getting basic UI behaviour down correctly. Ie, using
fetchmail to get my mail from POP3 servers, tossing it to sendmail, then
procmail, and just having Balsa to read it, then letting Balsa toss off
outgoing mail to sendmail. The Balsa model isn't familiar enough to me, so I
don't know what's actually being done right now.

Regards,

m.

--
"How wonderful! How mysterious!