Re: New on list

*-Francois Chenais <Francois.Chenais@St-Emilion.citb.bull.net>

| ello
|
| I work on Linux at home but I use an INDY + IRIX 5.3 at work so I try to
| have an other interface than the default poor 4Dwm :-)

Nice hardware. To bad IRIX is trash. :-)

| I've compile balsa but when I run it, I've the messages :
|
| 26088:balsa: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
| /usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: XpmCreateXpmImageFromBuffer
| 26088:balsa: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
| /usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: XpmFreeXpmImage
| 26088:balsa: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
| /usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: XpmFreeXpmInfo
| 26088:balsa: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
| /usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: XpmCreateXpmImageFromData
| 26088:balsa: rld: Error: unresolvable symbol in
| /usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so: XpmGetErrorString
| 26088:balsa: rld: Fatal Error: this executable has unresolvable symbols

To me it seems like libgtkxmhtml is compiled against one version of
libXpm, while another version is found at runtime.

Could you try to send the libraries (and versions) that balsa and
/usr/local/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so are linked against? On Linux you'd use
ldd, but I don't that's common on IRIX.

Also check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Have you tried static linking?

--
The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)