Re: Change of one update

Thomas Wood wrote:
jamesm wrote:

[...]
I think you can use PHP's built in functions to open and save files. This could be used to rename.

Best,
James

You can certainly rename files with PHP, but the problem for art.gnome.org is that it will take 10-20 minutes for the ftp to update. During that time the new link will give a 404 error. I suppose as long as the filename is eventually updated, this probably isn't as big a problem as not being able to rename the file in the first place...

-Thomas

Store the old link in the database. If the old link exists, check if the new link exists. If the new link exists, use it, and delete the old link from the database. If not, use the old link. It would be slow for 10-20, which is probably better than being completely down, right?

James