Re: art.gnome.org rss feed

Luke Stroven wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Thomas Wood wrote:

You mentioned a little while ago about the possibility of including the art.gnome.org rss feed on gnomdesktop.org. You had a few suggestions to improve the feed for use on gnomedesktop.org, but unfortunately I can't remember exactly what you had in mind. If you remind me what you needed, I will have a go at creating a formatted version for footnotes.

Sure thing ;)

1. Remove Table Tags/Calls to Style Sheets.
2. The theme title is also included in the description, so in many rss readers you get the title displayed twice.

I guess I would like to see the description just be the thumbnail, a break, and then theme type.

Thanks ;)
Luke
Do you need a link to the item as well - i.e. an <a> tag round the thumbnail and theme type text? Or will you use the item link tag from the feed?

CC'ing the artweb-list in case anyone feels they want to write a patch up before I get a chance. I'm thinking alternative RSS feeds could be done through a url option such as http://art.gnome.org/backend.php?format=compact

-Thomas