Re: New Category for Wallpapers

My main reasons for not including "adult" content on art.gnome.org was that we have had complaints before about it so no longer accept this type of material. I don't want to include any material on art.gnome.org that might offend any users, which "adult" material can do.

On the subject of new categories though, I would like suggestions on the following categories:

GNOME, Nature, Abstract, Other?

I think GNOME, Nature and Abstract should cover most of the current backgrounds. Should we also make a category for distribution wallpapers? We still get quite a few of these, although the submission policy says we don't accept them.

-Thomas

Marius M. M. wrote:

Hi,

I was just discussing with thos my idea of a new Category for wallpapers
on art.gnome.org. First, here the log:

<thos> I want to add some more background categories
<devilx> maybe a password protected adult category.
<thos> er no
<devilx> :( it was worth a try
<thos> well, it would be pretty hard to password protect a sectino of
the ftp
<thos> but why onearth should there be adult content on art.gnome.org
anyway?
<devilx> I don't mean "porn" with adult. Just.. do you remember the
Login Screen i've submitted, thos?
<devilx> thos, I mean, I'm sure nobody will hate art.gnome.org if it
provides some nice ladies in bikinis licking the gnome-logo or stuff
like that.
<devilx> you don't even need to write a login. Just a warning-page,
explicit content.
<thos> devilx, well there were complaints last time...
<devilx> sry, but who complains about a wallpaper with a nice lady? (not
porny, it should be just esthetically nice)
<thos> er, other women do
<devilx> thos, they can also add nice guys, if they want. So what's the
problem.
<thos> devilx, it's just appropriate
<thos> er
<thos> not appropriate
<thos> would you ever see that sort of content on the official windows
site?
<tirpse> on msd - yes
<tirpse> i mena this multimedia - entertaimant page from MS, i cant
remember how it was called
<tirpse> ah
<tirpse> www.msn.com
<devilx> thos, no, because everyone at microsoft has at least one stick
in his ass.
<devilx> thos, and I don't expect to see that kind of content on
www.gnome.org
<devilx> thos, I just would like to see it on art.gnome.org
<devilx> and the point is: Who does not accept on the
"explicit-content"-page, won't see the pictures. Who accepts and
complains, is just dumb. Because why do I accept the terms to view stuff
I don't like?
<devilx> thos, even picasso and all other artists have drawn pictures of
females, because it is art. Why do you want to censor art?
<devilx> look at this:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=25357
<devilx> personally I don't like the wallpaper, and I don't like her.
But they rated the paper 55%. So, it doesn't seem to be that bad.
<thos> devilx, perhaps you should ask other people on the list to get
their opinion

So, now I'm asking you. What do you think about this?
Thanks.

Bye