Re: [xslt] Module initialization with built-in user-defined data elements "meta" and "initialize-module"

Hello Kasimier,

On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:42:26 +0200
"Buchcik, Kasimier" <k buchcik 4commerce de> wrote:

>   <!-- The new meda data element of Libxslt. -->
>     <!--
>       Initialize the module "urn:test:myTest" at compile-time.
>       The attribute @scope can be one of:
>       1) "global" - global storage of user-data for this module
>       2) "stylesheet-level" - per stylesheet-level storage of
>                               user-data for this module
>       -->
>     <initialize-module namespace="urn:test:myTest" scope="global"/>
>
> Comments and further ideas are appreciated.

I'd like to resist to this approach. The main problems are:

* It's an odd thing to see developer-level data (how to initialize a
module) on the user-level (XSLT stylesheet).

* Stylesheet is polluted by a processor-specific spots. If I have my
extension module for xsltproc, xalan, saxon, I'm not happy to add
meta instructions for each of them.

Probably the best place to inform xsltproc about how to initialize
an module is the module itself.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://xmlhack.ru/  XML news in Russian
http://uucode.com/blog/  Generative Programming, XML, TeX, Scheme