[xslt] xsltproc error : Operation in progress

Hi,

I'm running xsltproc, and I expect it to load stylesheets from the net, and I'm getting:

error : Operation in progress
warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/VERSION";
compilation error: file http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl line 24 element include
xsl:include : unable to load http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/VERSION

(and several others)

If I rerun the command, I will get other files failing, in another order. So it seems loading runs in parallel, and some of them fail.

If I try to wget those URLs, that succeeds, so I don't think this is a connectivity problem (I did not find any proxy setting). For what it's worth, I'm running the command on shell.sourceforge.net.

I know I could download the stylesheets locally and use a catalog, but I would rather use the net. Any idea what is going wrong?

The Nice programming language: http://nice.sf.net