Re: [xslt] Extending EXSLT support to get the crypto part

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 07:42:29PM +0200, Bjorn Reese wrote:
> >   Unless serious concern being raised and once the configuration
> > stuff is being sorted out, I think I will make that change, so if
> > you have a strong feeling about this, please speak up :-)
>
> I have no problem with this suggestion, but I believe that it should
> be implemented with care. I believe that two requirements are necessary
> for the implementation:
>
> 1. It shall work in the absense of third-party libraries.
> 2. It shall be possible to use other third-party libraries.
>
> My favorite solution to these two requirements is provide an interface
> that third-party libraries should adhere to; we control this interface.
> Libexslt is then given an "object" (a struct, a collection of callback
> functions, whatever) that adheres to this interface, and uses this
> "object" instead of going directly to, say, OpenSSL. We cannot expect
> third-party libraries to adhere to such an interface, so we need a
> wrapper between our interface and the third-party library.

just a follow up note: i originally started this thread by posting an
initial implementation that used OpenSSL, w/o runtime module loading,
without support for gnutls, etc.

anyway, while i may still work on libexslt crypto:* sometime in the
future, i no longer have an immediate need for the functions and
felt the work required to do an acceptable solution (w/ runtime module
for me in the short term.

jr