[xslt] Re: libxslt-1.8.1 build requirements for win32 due to crypto

Yup, fianlly found that a newer PSDK is needed, but has anyone tried using
the crypto stuff in libxslt on Win ME/98/95? Was just looking at the SDK
docs and noticed that the CRYPT_SILENT flag is not supported on those
platforms (also some reports that it doesnt work on NT systems either) and
causes CryptAcquireContext to return an error.

I dont have any of those OSs to test on but did check out apache's apr code
which uses the MS crypto lib. It seems that they added

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400

as well as conditionally pass the CRYPT_SILENT flag depending upon which Win
OS version.

I really dont know what the ramifications would be doing something like this
or wether its even worthwhile to try but am going to attempt creating a
patch to add a configure option to disable crypto at least.

Please CC me on any responses as I'm not currently subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

Rob

From: Mark Vakoc