[xslt] Spurious error calling document()

Hi,

the attached stylesheet declares (and uses) a variable:
	<xsl:variable name="dynamic"
		select="document('http://localhost/cgi-bin/small.cgi')"/>

On my computer, http://localhost/cgi-bin/small.cgi is a valid URL generated by
the small.cgi script (also attached). But, when I try to use the stylesheet
(with ``xsltproc small.xsl small1.xml''), xsltproc complaints:
xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Error connecting to remote host - Connection
refused

- and then it prints the correct result (including data from localhost). :-O

It might seem a small thing, but I suspect the error indication is confusing
LibXSLT (the Perl binding for libxslt), which fails outright. What is causing
the error message, and how do I get rid of it?

	Bye
		Vasek

P.S.: libxslt 1.0.31, libxml 2.5.8 on Linux
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="html"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:copy-of select="content/node()"/>
        <hr/>

        <xsl:variable name="dynamic" select="document('http://localhost/cgi-bin/small.cgi')"/>
        <xsl:copy-of select="$dynamic/content/node()"/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="small.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<content>
1. static page
</content>

small.cgi