Re: [xslt] xhtml output

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 09:53, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:14:44PM +0100, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> > hi.
> >
> > is anyone constructively working on an xhtml output provider for
> > libxml2?
>
>   If your document has an XHTML1 recognized DOCTYPE the XML serializer will
> do the Right Thing for versions starting from 2.4.28 (the latest).
> Check test/xhtml1 in the source tree, and the result of xmllint test/xhtml1

aha! :)

though, i do not believe this should be default behavior.

for xmllint, this may be one of the few cases left where another
additional option might be ok. with xhtml+xml remaining as default.
one idea may be to give (optional) arguments to the format parameter.

otoh, this may mix up things which don't really belong together.
personally, i'd like to have more control regarding indentation on the
one and formatting on the other. unindent would actually be nice to have
for some applications.

e.g. xmllint 	[--format=[xml (default) | xhtml | html]
		[--indent | --unindent]

(how sensitive are we regarding changes in argument semantics?)

other ideas? counterarguments?

regarding xslt: so support for method=xhtml in xslt is in the works?
need help?

thank you,
daniel

 mailto:stodden@in.tum.de