Re: [xslt] Bug with the document("") function

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 02:19:56PM +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 14:04, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>
> >    thanks for the report !
>
> You're welcome.
>
> Also, I haven't enough time to check your fix right, but 4xslt has an
> issue with the fix they've applied when the XSLT transformation is given
> as an existing DOM tree rather than as a file (in this case the original
> DOM tree needs to be saved for later use which is a waste of memory but
> I don't see what else could be done).

  Well, in the case of libxslt, if the tree is built from scratch with DOM,
it won't have a base URI, which means that document('') won't work and
this is IMHO very sensible considering the definition of '' URI-Reference
per RFC 2396. If you build an URI-Reference on a resource without base and
that reference ain't sufficient to compute an URL well, you should get an
error, isn't it ?