Re: [xslt] XML::LibXSLT and document()

On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 07:31 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

[Some talk about accessing pre-parsed XML from stylesheets via
XML::LibXSLT.]

>> (XML::Sablotron's "arg:/" URI space does what I want, if anyone's
>> familiar with that.)
>
> Just to be sure, can you describe this ? It sounds strange to use a
> special
> URI space for such an API, I don't see the need for such a hack, so
> please
> explain,

example03.pl at <http://www.gingerall.com/charlie/ga/xml/x_sabperl.xml>
does what I'm describing.  The stylesheet accesses a pre-parsed document
with "<xsl:value-of select="document('arg:/data2')/data/item"/>".  This
seems to be a fair way of doing it.  You were thinkg of using parameters
directly?  Can you do "document($data2)/data/item"?  Is that valid?

Thanks,
Michael

--
http://beebo.org