[xslt] document() implementation: unquoting

[ Please Cc: me answers because I'm not subscribed to this list ]

As already reported by Glen Nakamura in 18 January 2002 and 21 March
2002 on this list (who recevied no answers), document() libxslt's
implementation perform an unquoting before trying to access the
specified resource.

Is this supposed to be a bug?
I've looked at the XSLT specifications and there is no mention about
quotingness of the document argument.

Anyway it seems to be a bit strange, user is expected document to fetch
the URI as it was passed, not unquoted.

I would only like to know if this is supposed to be a bug or a desired
feature (and so meaning that it wont be changed in the future).

TIA,
Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  -  undergraduate student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy