Re: [xslt] wrong fix in transform.c

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:28:43PM -0400, Nathan Myers wrote:
> Earlier I sent in a suggested patch to libxslt/transform.c:
>
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-August/msg00068.html
>
> Unfortunately it appears that in libxslt-1.0.20, that patch
> was not applied, and that instead a similar patch was applied
> elsewhere.
>
> It seems to me that the change that was applied was harmless but
> effectless.  Anyhow the actual patch cited is necessary to prevent
> a crash in my application.  The bug it fixes might best be described
> as a double-free memory management error.

  I changed your patch

    if (ctxt != NULL && userCtxt == NULL)

    if ((ctxt != NULL) && (userCtxt == NULL))

  to follow my conventions about unambiguating fully the boolean
expressions in libxml2/libxslt code. As a result I applied it manually
and not at the line present in your patch but a few lines before on
a different code path.
  Reaplied, next time simply follow libxml2/libxslt coding conventions
in your patches ;-)