Re: _NET_WM_[GET_|TAKE_|REQUEST_]FOCUS & urgency

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 15:37 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Adding that option to Kopete seemed perfectly fine to me, because
> that's a
> user setting that defaults to off. It's not a broken application
> abusing the
> spec, it's a deliberately activated option.

You can have an option like that, but it should be a desktop-global
option, implemented by the WM.  Something like "Activate windows that
require attention."  Metacity is unlikely to include that preference,
but of course KDE and GNOME have slightly different philosophies.

-Rob