Toolbar window type behaviour

  SWT is a cross-platform wrapper toolkit.  One of our hints for
top-level windows is "SWT.TOOL", which is supposed to indicate that the
window is a floating toolbar.  The description of the hint says that
these windows are sometimes given a smaller title bar.

  I would like to map this to GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_TOOLBAR (which maps
to _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR).  However, I am worried because when I
tried this on metacity 2.8.1, I found that no title bar was given at all
to the window.  The window did get a title bar on kwin 3.0 (KDE 3.3.0).

  I assume that the metacity behaviour is because GNOME's detachable
toolbars have their own handles.  However, this is problematic for our
use, since SWT applications don't add handles, and if we added some they
would be extraneous under kwin (and probably look silly).

  So, I think we will map it to UTILITY even though at first it seemed
like TOOLBAR would be more appropriate.  I think that it would be really
nice though if the spec indicated which window types were expected to
have handles.   By reading the spec I think it would have been easy for
us to make the mistake of using TOOLBAR, only to discover that the
windows are unmovable under certain window managers (what if it were
less-known WMs than metacity which had this policy?).

  -Billy