Re: Which definition of "dialog"?

On Tuesday 02 of September 2003 07:49, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> There are at least two definitions of "dialog". One definition includes
> modeless windows like property windows and control panels in GNOME; windows
> with neither OK nor Cancel. The other does not include these.

 But those control panels still have at least the Close button, don't they?
(I'm not sure which windows you mean exactly).

> What is intended in the EWMH spec?

 Why should that matter? Do you have any specific reason to differentiate
between those two kinds? KDE sets TYPE_DIALOG on all windows that are
dialogs, even for KControl modules, and I don't see any problem with that.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/