Re: Addition for pager layout.

Havoc wrote:

> My opinion is that we should use a root window property but just have
> the pager set the property, because I'd consider the desktop layout
> essentially a function of the pager rather than the window manager. My
> only worry is that multiple pagers can overwrite each other. I suppose
> we could solve that with a manager selection.

I fear that desktop layout really breaks down in the presence of multiple
pagers.
Assume you have two pagers and each wants to adjust the desktop layout to
the
geometry constrains which it operates under because it is part of a
horizontal or
vertical panel. Imagine the fun that ensues if the user changes to
orientation of
a panel.  I believe there is no real solution to this short of nominating
one pager
as the "layout master" (using a manager selection)

Matthias

http://www.gmx.net