_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU

Sawfish and Metacity decorate windows with the _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU hint.

kwin doesn't.

Right now, I have a problem since GTK+-2.0 sets this hint on tearoff
menus, which makes the tearoff menus unusuable under KDE.

My opinion is that the decorations are correct since:

 - Tearoff menus should have some sort of menu bar for moving around

 - If this menu bar is to be consistent with with the window manager theme,
   then it needs to be drawn by the window manager.

   (GTK+-2.0 also allows it's tearoff menus to be resized vertically and
   get a scrollbar.)

Opinions? Is KDE using this hint for anything currently?

Regards,
                                        Owen