Pending EWMH additions

Trying to get us closer to EWMH 1.2 again:

Havoc, would you mind syncing the draft thats up on freedesktop.org  with
cvs ? Then we are at least on the same page regarding the current state of
the draft.  (I committed a bunch of minor additions some time ago).

A couple of new issues have popped up since then:

1) Workspace geometry / pager layout
discussion revived at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-April/msg00000.html
proposed patch in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-May/msg00039.html

 We seem to have reached consensus on this, just need to reformulate the
patch a bit to integrate it better in the spec (see comments in the
mentioned threads). Havoc,
since you wrote the original patch, will create a new one ?

2) Alternative methods of implementing viewports / workspaces:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-May/msg00018.html

I think we should just reformulate the implementation notes sections
(2.3.1 and 2.5.1) to make it clear that we just give two examples and
other implementations are possible.
Gregory, can you provide a patch for this ?

3) "Show desktop" feature:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-May/msg00019.html

Little discussion and only a sketchy outline how it should work. More
detail needed, I guess.

4) Saving window states in a non-SM context:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-May/msg00030.html

No consensus yet.

5) Clarification of the spec for multi-screen and Xinerama scenarios:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-May/msg00057.html

No concrete proposals yet.

6) _NET_WM_STATE_FLOATING:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/2002-June/msg00002.html

Seems to be fairly uncontroversial, although we would need somebody to
write a detailed explanation how wms should handle this state.  Havoc ?

So, how do we get from here to a EWMH 1.2 ?

Matthias