Re: Proposal for ConfigureRequest handling

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:17:58AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 10:40:25PM +0200, Marko Macek wrote:
> > Ben Jansens wrote:
> >
> > > erm, obviously we're miscommunicating somewhere. Openbox 2.0.0
> > > respects the window's gravity on a ConfigureRequest, so a request at
> > > 0,0 puts the frame at 0,0 instead of the client, with the frame off
> > > the screen.
> >
> > Jup, that works. What doesn't work is resize-only ConfigureRequest for
> > South+/EastGravity.
>
> As far as I know that's "broken" in almost all window managers.
> At least it was when I fixed it in fvwm more than a year ago.  Of
> course there is nothing in the ICCCM or EWMH spec that suggests
> that window gravity should be honoured when resizing.

There is one comment that does.

in Section 7.7:
Implementation Note for Application developers:
When client window is resized - its reference point does not move. So
for example if window has SouthEastGravity and it is resized - the
bottom-right corner of its frame will not move but instead top-left
corner will be adjusted by the difference in size.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.