Re: who "cleans" windows on withdraw?

> GTK+ has no fixed definition right now of what:
>
>  gdk_window_hide (window)
>  gdk_window_show (window)
>
> does, so I'm not sure that I'd say that it wants to restore
> the window exactly as before; that would be one possible behavior,
> but perhaps not the most useful one.
>
> I'd tend to expect the window to come up on the desktop it would come
> up when initially mapped, so this certainly supports cleaning
> _NET_WM_DESKTOP.
>
> I'm pretty positive that the programmer didn't want a maximized window
> to become a not-maximized but full screen, though, and I'd expect
> that to apply to "legacy" toolkits as well, so I'm not sure
> that cleaning _NET_WM_STATE makes sense.

But anybody who reuses a withdrawn window, in a legacy toolkit or a
modern one, would certainly check that the window size fits its new
purpose, wouldn't he ? Since the legacy toolkit propably doesn't have
the notion of maximized, the window would simply appear as a too large
one which needs to be resized before it can be reused. I don't see
a particular problem here.