WM spec draft 1.9d

A couple of points about the latest draft -

_NET_WM_STATE:
Perhaps "_NET_WM_STATE_STICKY indicates that a window SHOULD have a fixed
position on the screen, even when the virtual desktop scrolls" should read
"... even when the viewport moves"?

A brief explanation of what "shaded" means might be useful.

_NET_WM_STRUT:
I thought a strut defined a rectangle inside the client's window? The current
explanation sounds like it defines four rectangles, one at each edge of the
screen.

File Manager desktop:
"There should be a root window property with a window handle for use in
applications that want to draw the background (xearth)."

I'm not sure how this would work with respect to desktop features. One of the
reasons for using a file manager desktop window is to allow the file manager
to draw the background and shortcuts/icons on the same window. What happens if
other clients start drawing on the file manager's window?

Might it be better to specify a CORBA interface to the file manager for
changing the background image, along with some options such as
tiled/centered/scaled, save in session, etc?

Michael