Re: status?

On Sun, 09 Jan 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a feeling that people are happy with the spec? Any final
> additions? I noticed a few comments in the archives since the last
> draft, but not too much traffic.

Did we decide what to do with the property packing?
Originally we intented to pack everything regarding client windows into one big,
extensible property to avoid roundtrips to the server.

Somebody mentioned that it's just a few lines X-lib hacking to be able to read
several property in one roundtrip, so we better keep it simple.

I'd prefer that solution, too, but first I'd like to actually see these few
lines. Any Xlib/C hackers with a little bit of time to create such a function?
Can it be used with existing Xlibs,  R5 and R6?

[snip]

> What procedure should we have to "ratify" the spec? Just ask for
> objections on this list?

Sounds good too me. Any further delays would harm the project. After all, we
eagerly want to have these things implemented in the next Qt and KDE versions,
both coming nearer every day.

Matthias