Re: Decorations (again)

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 12:30:03PM +0000, M.Rogers@cs.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
> >> The below layer should be reserved desktop icons and named "desktop". If
> >> we need a layer for normal windows that stay below other windows, we
> >> need both "desktop" and "below" IMO.
> >
> >Indeed, there is a difference between "desktop" and "below".  Desktop
> >means desktop features.  "Below" is normal windows that stay below other
> >windows, but above the desktop.
>
> Now I'm confused. I thought you agreed that we only needed three layers.
>
> BTW I agree with Marko that the bottom layer should be called "desktop" to
> avoid confusion.  ;)

Yes, I thought at least this was a common consensus.  Didn't we agree that
'below' and 'ontop' layers were unnecessary in the spec.  Although you
might want to place an application on top but not on the dock layer, this
is nothing an application can request via the spec, right?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany