Re: MDI on X11

Greg Badros writes:
 > I think it makes more sense to have WMs that are just better at grouping
 > windows together, perhaps in an extra frame.

How about _WIN_MDI_PARENT?  An X client program would set that in a
managed window to give a hint to the X server which window it's been
created by.  The window manager could use that information to move all
the child windows when the parent is moved, or iconize all the windows
when the parent is iconized.

Or not.  It's the X way.