Re: 1.9d

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Michael ROGERS wrote:

> >also the 0xFFFFFFFF is superfluous (besides obviously hackish), this is
> >exactly what _NET_WM_STATE_STICKY is meant to indicate.
>
> Not true - 'sticky' indicates that the window should not move when moving the
> viewport. 'Desktop 0xffffffff' indicates that the window should appear on all
> desktops.

so you want to distinguish between viewport-scrollable sticky windows and screen
sticky windows? can you give an example where this is actually usefull?

and why don't we have _NET_WM_STATE_STICKY and _NET_WM_STATE_SCROLLABLE_STICKY
to indicate this then (with one state taking precedence over the other)?
(_NET_WM_DESKTOP is still the wrong place for this, since for both sticky
behaviours, _NET_WM_DESKTOP is a meaningless property).

> Michael

---
ciaoTJ