Re: [Utopia] Acme tool

Hi all

We've been chatting in the IRC channel and have hit upon a nice technical solution:

We create a glue module which would sit between XKB and HAL, using HAL to detect when and what keyboards are plugged in. XKB would then be configured on the fly for these new keyboards including any new keybindings for multimedia keyboards. the hal configuration would not be able to have the xkb keyboard model (stored in xorg.xml) because hal shouldn't know about xkb. so the glue module should both translate product/manufacture to xkb model name and accept custom key binding information from HAL configuration.

Sergey is there anything you wish to add?

Best Regards, Martin Owens