Re: [Utopia] GNOME Power Manager "redesign"

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 20:04 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 14:36 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 18:44 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > > Basically, I'm asking for feedback and comments before I start doing all
> > > the behind the scenes work.
> >
> > Why is there is difference between a profile like "on battery power" and
> > UPS settings?  A UPS is really just a battery for a desktop/server.
>
> It isn't used in the same cases, for example, would you want your laptop
> to warn you and start beeping when you unplug the mains? Probably not :)

That's what profiles are for.  You make a profile for "on battery" and
"on UPS", where you'd generally only have one or the other.  The battery
profile would not include beeping, the UPS one would.

The mockups presented displayed an example of using the battery profile
and the options there-in showing a tab for UPS behavior.  That's what I
was getting at.  UPS should just be a profile like battery power.