Re: [Usability] Embedded help works better than standalone help

--- Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:

> (I guess this reality is unfortunate from a
> documentation writer's
> point of view, because it means you need to spend
> more time crafting
> helpful sentences and posting them in Bugzilla, and
> less time crafting
> helpful paragraphs and checking them in directly.)

Fair enough.
But developers will need to request this from the docs
team.
Most docs writers can't build, so we won't get to see
these strings exist until it's too late.

> Help that appears in a separate help viewer should
> not explain
> individual windows, but should instead concentrate
> on solving the
> problems for which people typically go to the help
> system: (1)
> something's wrong and I want to fix it, and (2) I
> know this feature
> exists but I can't find it.

Currently, docs cover neither of these, and to a large
extent do explain individual windows and parts of the interface.