Re: [Usability] Button Layout in Dialogs, vertical button bar on the right?

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 18:27 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > Moving the OK/Cancel/etc... buttons to the right hand side, would only
> > make things even more terribly confusing for our users, I think.
>
> I am not looking to change any of the Gnome defaults, merely considering
> that just as some users prefer the button order OK/Cancel, similarly
> some users might prefer to move the buttons from the bottom of a dialog
> to the right hand side to match what they are already familiar with.

Understood. And this is why the term "theme" exists. This should be
something that is defined in the theme. Unfortunately, some things are
not definable in themes yet, though perhaps they should be. And, there
are a lot of infrastructure changes required to make some of the things
more definable in themes.

-- dobey