[Usability] Readonly indicator in window title (gedit)

Hi,

When updating gedit to comply with HIG2 about the indication of modified
files, I've come across another problem: indicating readonly files.

(sidenote: If the HIG's going to specify modification indicator,
shouldn't it specify readonly indicator too?)

In gedit right now, we append " (readonly)" in the window title, and " -
RO" in the tab title.  The is annoying, because it means there are two
separate bits of code for generating the title+modifiers.  So, what's
best?

1. Leave it as it is, put up with ugly code duplication and
inconsistancy, and extra translation string.

2. Change both to be RO

3. Change both to be (readonly)

4. $(Your brilliant idea here)

I worry about 2 because: how common is the abbreviation RO, and how
easily translated is it?  As it is, the RO is kind of explained when the
user looks at the window title as well as the tab title.

I don't think 3 is likely to be popular because it'll take up too much
space in the tab bar.

I think 4 is a great idea :-)

Regards,
John