Re: [Usability] Application-type keyboard shortcuts

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 11:15 +0300, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since buying a new digital camera I have used Nautilus/eog/gthumb/gimp a
> lot and I found out each of them have different keyboard-shortcuts.
> Eog doesn't seem to have any, gthumb and Gimp have some overlap (e.g. 1
> = original size), but for fit-to-window they have different shortcuts.
>
> It would be nice if such applications agree on a set of keyboard-
> shortcuts. Would the HIG perhaps be a place to define keyboard-shortcuts
> for different types of applications?

It actually does this already [1]. In the view section are shortcut keys
that applications should be using for zooming and others.

If an application isn't following these guidelines it's probably a bug
in either the HIG being out of date or the application.

Thanks,
~ Bryan

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig_new/input-keyboard.html#shortcuts
--