Re: Fwd: [Usability] Double-click in notification area?

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Kalle Vahlman wrote:

I do admit that RSI by mousing is not a problem when we are talking about casual use, but for 8h/day users it is an issue. What I have in mind with all this nonsense about RSI is that if the required amount of mousing is reduced, this would decrease the overall and long term RSI injuries. I understand that this is something not commonly thought of, and even somewhat far fetched. But these are my opinions. You may think otherwise.

It's worth noting that GNOME already pays attention to RSI issues with the Typing Monitor (in the control center keyboard settings), and with trying to make every UI element accessible (so also usable with just a keyboard). Moving to single click would not be strange at all in this vision, providing that practical problems like nautilus list view and fileselector behaviour are solved first.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778