Re: [Usability] Decision: instant apply window buttons

Chris Chabot wrote:

> I know, sorry for going OT there.  I just figured since we were
> arguing on buttons on dialogs, i'd deposit my 2 euro cents on what
> bothers the hell out of me ;-)

What we're intending to propose for the sort of window you're talking
about is to have Try, Cancel and OK buttons.  There will never be a
Close button, and Cancel will always undo ALL the changes you made in
the dialog since you opened it, including multiple applications of "Try"
if necessary.  This way, Cancel is semantically identical to its use in
any other window or dialog, and there's none of the "what does Close
mean" confusion you pointed out.

Cheeri,
Calum.