Re: [Usability]request for ui review on nautilus-media

Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl> wrote:
> > b) at the bottom, it shouldn't show a mix of gnome-vfs path and file name,
> >    but just the filename (I'd rather show the gnomevfs url but that gets
> >    really ugly, so I'd better not)
>
> Agreed.

Showing only the name is surely better than showing the whole path... but
is this label necessary at all?

As for indicating the current state I think it would be better to make
play/pause be two seperate toggle buttons and then use these as indicators
in the usual way.  (Personally I consider using only a single button for
both play and pause a really bad idea, anyway.)

And to indicate what file is currently played maybe you could use
something similar to what rhythmbox does, i.e. display a small speaker
icon in front of the currently playing list entry?

Regards,
Lars